Benefits of Online Shopping
Technology became a major factor which affects our everyday lives. From the clothes we wear, the food we eat, even the decisions we make. There's no question in this world that internet cannot answer. It's a virtual world of information that made us dependent and sad to say, lazy. But then, it also has many advantages. It revolutionized the social media, marketing and advertising. News and information became an easy access and many of us put it in good use. One of the advantages of technology is its ability to connect people. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. gave us a perfect medium to express ourselves and share our moments to our friend and relatives even if we are thousand miles away from them.
But if there's one thing I love most about getting online, it is the capacity of the internet to make business in a secure and convenient way. One thing I love is getting items and services online in the comfort of my home. I don't need to go to my bank to transfer money. I don't need to wait for the malls to open for me to buy the clothes I want. I don't need to wrestle with crowds when I want something on sale. All I need to do is browse thousand of things in online shops like Ebay and Amazon, buy what I like with the money I have and sit at home with my pajama on.
Many people nowadays prefers online purchasing than conventional shopping. Because most of us are busy with our lives, we don't have enough time to go to the mall and shop. Aside from that, items online are much much cheaper than anything on shop shelves. There are many advantages and benefits in shopping online. Here are some of the reasons why you have to start considering doing the same:
1. Cheaper Prices - I always wonder why they could let go of the items with such prices. There was a time that I was in doubt about purchasing something because it was half in price compared to the price from the outside shop. But then I realized that these items online are being sold by the seller and manufacturer themselves. They don't need to pay rent from stalls or malls, they don't need salesmen to sell their products. All they need is an account in Ebay or other legitimate sites and there they can post their products for people to purchase. Another thing is, they can put up a website in the internet where they can do their business and run it alone.
2. Convenience - Nothing is more convenient than shopping online. You can just sit in front of your computer and browse thousand of items available for you in the comfort of your pajamas. You can shop 24 hours, 7 days a week in your own timeline and convenience. You don't need to wait in line and deal with stressful waiting hours. You can avoid the Holiday rush especially during Christmas season. You can buy your Christmas tree and have it delivered at your doorstep without you sweating a drop.
3. Choices/Variety - Like what I've said, there are thousand of available items online to choose from. Websites like Ebay and Amazon has interactive features that makes comparison of items and prices possible for you. You can shop locally and even internationally and has the chance to choose the best deal there is. There's also a huge chance that you can stumble upon second hand items that seller wants to get rid off but in a very good condition and in a bargain price.
4. Sending Gifts - If you are away from home, the usual thing you do is sending money to your love ones as gifts instead of you buying the actual present that you want to give. It's because buying it, packing it and sending it is too complicated, costly, unsafe and inconvenient. But buying it online is as easy as 1-2-3. All you have to do is purchase the item and let it shipped directly to whom you want it to send. It's safe, convenient and cheaper than sending it through international couriers who will charge you with every gram of the item you send.
5. No pressure - You can change your mind hundred times about purchasing something because you own your time. Remember, you are probably on your bed browsing through your laptop. No salesmen or saleslady nosing and hovering around you, convincing you to buy a pair of jeans which doesn't even fit you.
But, there are also some important things that you have to know and consider before you start with your online shopping spree.
1. Paypal - I recommend that you use Paypal. It's free to sign up and it has a secure and powerful encryption that will protect you sensitive details against identity theft and online scam. You can shop using Paypal without sharing your financial details to anyone. (I will post a step by step tutorial on how to sign up with Paypal in my next article).
2. Research Diligently - Make sure that the website or online shop is legitimate. Ebay and Amazon are two of the most reliable sites for online shopping. But still, you have to be very vigilant for there are a lot of bogus sellers online selling non-existent items. Good thing about these sites, there are customer reviews at the bottom of the page and you'll also have a chance to ask random people about the product or goods before you actually buy it. Remember, sellers online has no right to ask you about certain information such as your Passport Number or Social Security Number.
3. Check Shipping Policies - Always check the shipping policies on the website or under the product listing. There are certain shipping fees that you have to check especially if you want to ship your products abroad. Some sellers also allow money-back guarantee or refund policy. Some even allow you to return the item for a specific time.
4. Contact Details - Always check for contact details of the online shop and take note of it.
5. Secure your Computer - Install Antivirus or Internet Security Software to protect your computer viruses that may illegally collect your personal information without your knowledge.